FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who Should I Hire First…the Contractor or the Interior Designer?
- It is a huge benefit for your home renovation to hire the interior designer first.
- An interior designer will interview you and become knowledgeable about what you want and the overall program for your renovation.
- Then they will act as your advocate when dealing with the contractor.
- The homeowner is at a true advantage when they hire the designer first.
Why Is It Important To Hire A General Contractor For My Remodel?
- Will serve as a single point of contact throughout the project
- They manage all aspects for the project…design, permits, scheduling, purchasing materials, supervising the sub contractors and getting the proper inspections.
- They must be a licensed, bonded and insured professional and comply with all state and local building codes
- Most renovations, additions, kitchen and bathroom remodels are best handled by a licensed General Contractor because they normally consist of demolition, slab, framing, electrical, plumbing, etc and this type of work needs to be done by skilled sub contractors and supervised by a professional.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Design/Build Company?
- These are “all-in-one” companies which allow you the convenience of just dealing with one key contact person to complete your project.
- They are responsible for your project from the design conception all the way through final construction.
- Many also have their own sub contractors and architects.
- This can save the homeowner time and money and give them piece-of-mind.
My Entire House Needs To Be Updated…Which Room Should I Start With?
- The Kitchen!
- It’s a great place to start since it’s the “hub” of the family and the finishes and materials will dictate the rest of the home.
- It will also give you the best return on your investment.
- A kitchen makeover will make your home feel brand new.
I Plan To Hire An Architect And Contractor For My Project…Should I Hire An Interior Designer, Too?
- If you just hire an architect and contractor you’ll be missing a “key component” in your renovation.
- Your renovation will require the selection of cabinetry, countertops, fixtures, appliances, flooring, paint colors, scale and placement of furniture, etc.
- Having these decisions and selections made before construction will prevent many headaches and delays.
My Home Needs To Be Remodeled And Decorated…When Should I Hire An Interior Designer?
- Hire your interior designer early in the process, not just at the end of the project to select finishes and furniture.
- A designer’s role varies from making material recommendations to helping you make smart decisions about your remodeling budget.
- Hiring an interior designer at the onset of a project can save money in the long run and make the process run smoothly, timely and efficiently.
I’d Like To Redecorate My Home…What Are The Benefits Of Using An Interior Designer?
- It’s a smart choice if you don’t have any decorating or design experience. Even if you have good taste and some talent, an experienced interior designer knows how to make your house look its very best.
- You’ll get the best possible look for your home because they are experts and they know what kind of décor and furniture will be best for your lifestyle, budget and home architecture.
- They have great quality resources. Interior designers have access to many showrooms that are not open to the public, which will give your home a true decorated feel.
- Home decorating and design is not as easy as one may presume. There is a lot of forethought and preparation that goes into making a room look professionally done. Many amateurs end up with poor and disappointing results when they try to do it on their own.
If You’ve Been Living In An Outdated Home…
Then It’s Time To Get Started…
You Deserve It!
With Sandella you’ll have ONE point of Contact from Concept to Completion for your Convenience!
MAKING YOUR DREAMS A REALITY!