11 Questions to ask yourself to determine if you should hire an Interior Designer
- Do you know how to make the right choices when there are so many options to choose from?
- Do you have the time and energy to shop, research and oversee the project?
- Do you know how to best spend your “design dollars” wisely?
- Would you know how to properly schedule the work needed to be done?
- Do you know where to purchase furnishings, fabrics, art and accessories without paying retail prices?
- How would you know what a fair price is and if the price matches the quality?
- What questions would you ask when hiring a tradesman or working with a manufacturer?
- Do you know how to create the proper color scheme for your home?
- How would you know what materials to select for a remodel project?
- Would you know what workroom to choose to make your window treatments, pillows or bedding?
- Who would be an advocate for you?
A good designer doesn’t expect you to know all of the above unless you’ve done those tasks numerous times before.
By hiring a professional designer, you will get their seasoned advice and guidance as well as access to all of their resources that would otherwise be unavailable to most consumers.
A designer’s ability and knowledge will prevent costly mistakes and provide solutions to the challenges that often present themselves in every project no matter how big or small.
Designers know who to contact to execute the job; they have the leverage to get things done on time and within budget.
Many times couples have different taste and style. A professional designer will act as the liaison to work though the challenge by offering solutions that will benefit the design program and therefore please both.
A good designer is mindful of a client’s time and therefore will be the store to you!
Hiring a professional designer will give you peace of mind; knowing that everything will be completed and so much attention will be given to the overall design plan and the details that go into making a home a special place for you!
Remember a good design is only as good as its execution.
© 2010 SANDELLA CUSTOM HOMES AND INTERIORS, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Want to know how to create a design workbook go to http://www.sandella.net – it’s free!
Cheryl Sandella, Interior Designer ASID Allied Member, works with her husband and partner of 30 years, Al Sandella, General Contractor. They own Sandella Custom Homes and Interiors in Fountain Hills Arizona and design, remodel and build homes in the valley. To read more about her go to http://www.sandella.net/aboutus/aboutus.html
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER, BLOG OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Cheryl Sandella, Interior Designer publishes a monthly eZine called “Bespoke Home”. If you want Tools, Tips and Guidance to design, remodel and build your custom home, be sure to get your complimentary subscription at http://www.sandella.net
Sandella Custom Homes & Interiors
PO Box 18132
Fountain Hills, AZ 85269
480.836.1543 – office
480.816.4233 – Cheryl’s personal line